Perform billing functions for SACA outpatient and inpatient Clinics.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Complete all billing functions with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Meet all internal and external deadlines.
- Deal with all vendors, clients and providers professionally and in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will work side by side with Fiscal/ Billing Administrator in various projects as needed.
- Submits claims both online and on paper daily or as requested.
- Open communication at all times with Outpatient and Inpatient Clinic Staff
- Prints superbills for all clients each morning.
- Runs daily insurance eligibility verifications prior to appointment.
- Takes responsibility for charge entry for outpatient and inpatient clinics.
- Prepares authorization management and follow up for all services requiring prior authorization.
- Obtains insurance verification for private insurance clients.
- Prepares monthly invoices and utilization reports.
- Posts insurance payments when needed.
- Reviews aging reports and follow up on unpaid claims.
- Keeps current with superbill filing.
- Attends monthly billing meetings with Clinic staff.
- Assists with end of month reports for all Clinics when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Billing experience and knowledge of Nextgen system preferred, however we are willing to train.
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short notes and memos. Ability to write basic notes and memos. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables and the need to deal with exceptions and changes in a variety of situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
Computer literacy: Ability to use billing practice management system to perform billing duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk; lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is generally, moderate office din.