Donation’s DriverApply Now
Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure all pick-ups in Lancaster and Dauphin Counties and loading and un-loading of donations and food orders for all SACA programs are done daily. Additionally, delivers and unloads all food purchases and donations to various sites for all SACA programs within Lancaster County.
- Performs driver service, picking up, dropping-off, loading and unloading. Pickups may bewithin 1.5 hours radius of Lancaster, Pa.
- Ensure food donations are divided and distributed among the Kitchen, NCR and La Casa along with the Driver.
- Collaborate with Inventory Specialist daily to receive all food and supplies delivered.
- Maintains appropriate mileage and driving logs as well as security of Keys and log book daily.
- Assumes responsibility for care, maintenance, and repair of van. Washes exterior andcleans interior of van as needed.
- Runs errands as needed to fulfill program functions.
- Help with meal delivery to Seniors when schedule allows.
- Reports any issues and/or concerns with donors & vendors immediately to Supervisor.
- The driver will communicate & coordinate with NCR Supervisor, with ample time, to arrange all donation pick-ups with NCR driver in their absences. Will also inform immediate Supervisor of these arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Results Areas
- Effectively and safely performs driver pick-up and delivery services as required.
- Deals effectively and patiently with others and interacts well with all donors and/or vendors.
- Complies with transporting food-goods in accordance will federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- In the case of an emergency and/or pickup cancelation the driver will communicate any arrangements with donors and vendors in reasonable time.
Education, Training or Certification: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: six months to one-year related experience and /or training.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organizations, customers, vendors, donors, and suppliers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out Instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
Certificates, licenses, registrations: Valid PA driver’s license and a positive solid driving record as determined by a Motor Vehicle report are required for insurance purposes.
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge: Safe Driving skills, ability to read and follow map directions, ability to communicate with vendors and donors.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are· representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee must stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, load, and unload to include lifting up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to work outdoor weather conditions and extreme non-weather conditions both for driving and for loading and un-loading. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.