New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Updated August 19, 2021
Accountant I- Real Estate/Affordable Housing
The Accounting Manager, Real Estate/Affordable Housing will be responsible for the accounting and financial operations of our affordable housing program and various real estate projects; ensuring SACA is in compliance with government funding requirements; and to performing all applicable accounting duties in accordance with the Government Audit Standards, the United States of Management and Budget Circular A-133, the City of Lancaster and all other funding sources applicable grant regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Accountant/AP workload for SDC and Subsidiaries
- Maintain Internal Quality Control measures for all funding sources to ensure that a high standard of compliance is maintained.
- Prepare/review budgets and other financial reports for SACA Development and all its subsidiaries with CFO and President (10 total subsidiaries)
- Perform monthly closing process for SACA Development real estate entities according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Determine transaction coding and assist the Accountant/AP to record all real estate transactions including purchases, predevelopment costs, and construction draws.
- Prepare all monthly financial statements, actual vs. budget vs. YTD for all SDC entities. Review with CFO and President.
- Prepare monthly account analysis and journal entries when applicable for all pertinent balance sheet accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with CFO and Accountant/AP to open and close fiscal accounting years for the organization as a whole and work with IT for any Great Plains maintenance requirements.
- Meet with CFO for all updates as necessary.
- Meet with Finance Committee and Board of Directors monthly- prepare all reports to be submitted to include minutes.
- Monitor and reconcile all construction-in-progress accounts.
- Address any and all financial concerns of funders.
- Maintain accurate contract files with up to date contracts and financial support documents.
- Develop and monitor all SDC organization annual property budgets, to include any and all necessary budget revisions.
- Assist and supervise Accountant/AP in maintaining fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with partnership and real estate loan documents, terms, and conditions.
- Work with the CFO on Cash Management on a continuous basis.
- Monitor Accountant/AP, review and sign off on all completed bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and supervise Accountant/AP reconciliation of all property rent rosters to deposit records and reconciliation of security deposit accounts.
- Monitor compliance with equity milestones to ensure timely receipt of developer fee installments.
- Prepare audit work papers and corresponding financial statements for cost certification, annual property audit, and tax returns.
- Develop the necessary Internal Quality Control measures for all funding sources to ensure that a high standard of compliance is maintained. This will include the creation of an ongoing Audit File Review process which will assess internal control strengths and weaknesses, document the findings, and where applicable recommend changes to improve the agency’s ability toward maintaining a high level of compliance.
- Organizing and Planning
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Alignment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare clear, concise documentation and reports
- Professional Integrity
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Learning Agility
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration with a concentration in accounting
- Familiarity with Federal Single Audit Guidelines
- Minimum of 5 years real estate development and/or affordable housing accounting and budget experience with a strong understanding of accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of real estate development accounting specifically affordable housing and low-income housing tax credits, including credit allocations and cost certifications.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Auditing experience
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal mail:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602