New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager – 3rd Shift | LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) | HIV Medical Case Manager| Prevention Specialist | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Associate Director, Workforce Planning
Position posted September 11, 2021.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Associate Director, Workforce Planning
- Employment Type: Full-time
- FLSA: Exempt
- Rate of Pay: Competitive
The Associate Director for Workforce Development provides outreach, coordination, and support in the workforce development program; and enables the development of new initiatives and strengthening the existing program alongside the Director. Supervise, recruit and train new employees.
- Supports new program development with duties including class development, hiring instructors, evaluating programs in the manufacturing technology and other workforce technical program
- Manage and supervise staff as needed, either directly or on tasks and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates, and supervises activities of personnel.
- Monitors and reviews programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Establishes work schedules and assigns work to staff members.
- Performs personnel duties, such as assisting Director in hiring staff, training, and evaluating work performance.
- Identifies and recruits and train potential volunteer workers.
- Implements program plans by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, reserving space, and handling other administrative details.
- Evaluates the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports, such personnel records, client’s files, or training manuals.
- Establishes and oversees administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
- Provides specific training programs (such as Ready to Work Program and Essentials Skills trainings) to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Work with Director to identifies new opportunities, develops new programs, seeks out new partnerships and maintains community relationships.
Education, Training or Certification:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years related experience and / or training required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, suppliers and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve job-related problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited guidance from policies and procedures exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish / English; proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602