Position Title: Clinical Manager Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Date: 7/1/21 Department: Nuestra Clinica Outpatient
FLSA Status: Exempt Pay Range: $48,000-$49,000/year
Provide day-to-day supervision including the coordination and delegation of work/assignments, staff coverage, and performance evaluations. The clinical manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a behavioral health care team of clinicians. This position may assist the Behavioral Health Director in administrative functions. Assumes responsibility for development and evaluation, program reporting and statistics, and program outcome monitoring. The Clinical Manager manages a clinic/program which includes 8 or more paraprofessional and professional level staff.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Knowledge of:Current theories, principles, and practices for services to clients with serious behavioral health care symptoms and diagnosis
• Principles and practices of effective supervision, work planning, evaluation, training, and community behavioral health care consultation
• Psychological diagnostic methods and terminology
• Cultural and social factors affecting behavior patterns
• Wellness, recovery and resiliency oriented strategies and supports
• Dual recovery/co-occurring disorder treatment, screening and assessment tools
• Community needs, resources and organizations related to behavioral health care
• Clinical standards of practice and licensure requirements
• Principles and practices of direct client service delivery
• Principles of social needs, problems, attitudes and behavioral patterns.
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
Office administrative practices and procedures, including records management and the operation of standard office equipment
• Computer applications related to the work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of clinic/program services with Director.2. Supervises a multi-disciplinary staff of three or more clinicians; confers with staff regularly regarding techniques used, case progress, and related matters for the purpose of evaluating professional development and assuring quality of care, as well as reviewing work in progress.
3. Conducts regular case conferences with clinicians and interns for supervision and consultation; reviews psychiatric case records and selects cases for discussion; supervises staff in assessing social, emotional and economic causes of problem behavior and mental or emotional disorders and in developing and modifying treatment and approves alternative plans, termination or transfer of cases; supervises consultation activities of employees; is responsible for assignment and reassignment of employee caseload.
4. Coordinates the assignment of cases, conducts staff meetings, and provides training; schedules staff to provide for clinic coverage; evaluates work performance; assists in disciplinary proceedings.
5. Personally, maintains a small caseload or handles some of the more complex cases; performs a variety of direct clinical, diagnostic, treatment, and outreach services.
6. Ensures compliance with related federal, state, and local regulations, as well as departmental and county policies and procedures.
7. Provides consultation to student interns and non-Behavioral Health Care staff regarding Behavioral Health Care services, programs, and guidelines.
8. Assists the Behavioral Health Director with program planning, implementation, and evaluation activities.
- Ability to Plan, supervise, review and evaluate the work of staff
10. Interpret, explain, and apply regulations, policies and procedures
11. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
12. Plan, prioritize and organize
13. Analyze, evaluate, and make sound decisions
14. Prepare clear, accurate and effective reports, correspondence, and other written materials
15. Demonstrate interpersonal sensitivity and work with a diverse population
16. Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification:
A master’s degree or higher from a middle state-accredited college or university in Psychology, Human Services, Social Work or related field and the equivalent of three years experience as a behavioral health/mental health clinician providing clinical and/or case management services. (Note: Previous experience involving lead or supervisory responsibility is desirable.)
Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak English/Spanish effectively with employees of organization, customers, and funders.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve job-related problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited guidance from policies and procedures exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: Clinical Supervision certificate or trainings
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; lift to 10 pounds. There are no specific vision abilities required by this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602