New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Job Posted July 8, 2021
- Responsible to Supervise the Kitchen staff and volunteers. Cook for large quantities of people and prepares a variety of Hispanic Foods. Handles all food safely and trains cooks to ensure they do as well. Assist the Inventory Specialist with all food deliveries to ensure the local, state and federal regulations are complied with. Submits weekly food orders. Prepares monthly menus for NCR, Senior Center and Community meals to ensure cooks follow the special dietary or nutritional restrictions or portions.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
• Daily prep work for meals.
• Daily cooking for all SACA programs in the kitchen.
• Manage and supervise all daily functions of the Kitchen.
• Maintain inventory – date sensitive etc.
• Maintain all menus- to include preparation of OOA menus.
• Staff training, maintain SAFE Serve Certificate.
• Complete and supervise daily and weekly cleaning process.
• Monitoring all food temperatures, refrigerators and freezer temperatures.
• Monitoring Quality and Quantity of prepared food.
• Ordering food and disposables.
• Maintain all equipment (Hood cleaning, Refrigerators, small equipment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepare and oversee all food preparations for all SACA program to include large quantities.
2. Cook according to the menus, to include special dietary or nutritional restrictions or portions.
3. Keep accurate inventory control (log use of all products and order inventory when its low)
4. Maintain records of all meals prepared per program.
5. Maintain temperature for the food and all refrigerators.
6. Maintain and follow up with the proper work attire necessary for operations.
7. Supervise and maintain strict observance of all Health requirements to include recording meat temperatures, closed toe shoes, hair nets, gloves, aprons, etc.).
8. Clean and inspect all kitchen equipment, appliances, and work area to ensure properly working equipment and cleanliness. Report any issues identified to Supervisor.
9. Portion control.
10. Monitor use of government and other food commodities to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
11. Washing Pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment necessary.
12. Assist Kitchen staff with equipment training and the normal operations of the kitchen.
13. Process weekly food orders with accounts payable in the business office.
14. Maintain Kitchen in order and always cleaned for sanitary purposes and Health inspections.
15. Ensure water temperatures meets the regulatory food guidelines.
16. Grease traps are empty twice per week and cleaned.
17. Ensure all kitchen trash is taken out to the dumpster daily.
18. All kitchen storage rooms, freezer and refrigerators all maintain closed and locked at all times.
19. Ensure all staff are punching in on their timecard daily and reviewing the Paychex system daily.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training or Certification: Education, Training or Certification: High School Education, bilingual (Spanish, English) Preferred. SAFE serve Certified. Experience Supervising a Kitchen environment for 2+ years.
Experience: Ability to Supervise the Kitchen staff and volunteers. Ability to cook for large quantities of people. Experience in cooking and preparation of a variety of Hispanic Foods. Experience in using all kitchen equipment. Inventory control. Safe Food handling experience necessary and a must. Good work ethics and interpersonal skills.
Language Skills: English and Spanish required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, tracking trends, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Take food temperatures and equipment temperatures.
Reasoning Ability: High Skills: Ability to solve job related problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited guidance from policies and procedures exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: Current SerSafe Certificate.
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge: Ability to use all kitchen equipment appropriately. Required to use kitchen attire including kitchen closed toe shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand most of the day, moving around at all times. Able to move food prepared pots, pans and some inventory boxes. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less). Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more). Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate noise (examples: kitchen fans, dishwasher).
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602