New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager – 3rd Shift | LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) | HIV Medical Case Manager| Prevention Specialist | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Position posted July 19, 2021.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Responsible for preparation of meals for the NCR program on weekdays (Mondays-Thursdays), weekends (Sundays) and holidays. Cook for large quantities of people and prepares a variety of Hispanic Foods. Assist kitchen staff with daily prep work of meals for the week. Prepare and handle all meals need in accordance with provided menus, following all food and safety guidelines.
Purchasing Authority: None
Budgeting Responsibility: None
Authority to Contact Outside Agencies / Vendors: No
Supervisory Responsibilities: None Subordinate Supervisory Reports: None
Departments Supervised: None Non-Supervisory Direct Reports: None
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Ability to work 29 hours per week.
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
- Prepare Lunch and dinner for NCR program on weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must maintain the kitchen clean and follow all food and safety guidelines.
- Keep accurate inventory of items used for preparation of meals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professionally cooks and prepares meals in large quantities according to programs numbers.
- Cooks according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Keeps accurate inventory control (log use of all products and inform supervisor of low stock).
- Keeps record of meals prepared.
- Maintains food temperature log.
- Takes temperature readings for refrigerator.
- Wears appropriate work attire (closed shoes, hair nets, beard nets, gloves, etc.) no rings, artificial nails.
- Places all cleaning wipe / wash rags in sanitized solution.
- Maintains strict observance of all health requirements including recording meat temperature, closed toe shoes, hair net, beard nets and gloves.
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Report to management all issues and concerns with kitchen equipment and appliances in the work area.
- Cleans, cuts and cooks meat, fish, or poultry.
- Washes pots, pans, dishes, utensils and other cooking equipment.
- Cleans kitchen at the end of shift including removal of trash.
- Assist with removing grease traps as needed.
- Monitors use of government and other food commodities to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Compiles and maintains records of food use.
- Provides coverage in food preparation when other cooks are absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One to two years related experience and / or training.
Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short notes and memos. Ability to write basic notes and memos. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Bilingual in Spanish / English preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Take & track food temperatures and equipment temperatures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables and the need to deal with exceptions and changes in a variety of situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: ServeSafe certificate (could be obtained once employed)
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602