New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Position posted July 27, 2021.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Position Title: Intake Coordinator Reports to: Director of NCR
Date: 7/2/12 Department: Nuestra Clinica Residencial
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide personal administrative support to management and the company through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Purchasing Authority: None Budgeting Responsibility: None
Authority to Contact Outside Agencies / Vendors: No
Supervisory Responsibilities: None Subordinate Supervisory Reports: None
Departments Supervised: None Non-Supervisory Direct Reports: None
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Meet and greet clients and visitors in a courteous manner with good customer service skills.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner.
- Complete follow up calls to ensure participation in discharge treatment placements.
- File medical assistance applications as needed and follow up with County Assistance Office.
- Complete the admission process, explaining rules of the program to clients on admission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming phone calls daily.
- Obtains intake information from new clients for charts as needed.
- Notifies referral sources by phone / email of a client’s admission to treatment as needed.
- Explains fee schedule and chart information to new clients as needed.
- Files open and closed charts daily.
- Types and mails client related correspondence daily.
- Applies for MA on behalf of and with clients, completing Medical Assistance applications and attachments with follow up as needed.
- Verifies MA activity for clients in EVS system daily.
- Provides follow-up calls to outside agencies / referral sources as needed.
- Enters client information into State System DAILY.
- Completed DDAP forms as required by state.
- Attends trainings annually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Six months to one year related experience and / or training.
Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization, customers and suppliers. Bilingual in Spanish / English preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables and the need to deal with exceptions and changes in a variety of situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
Basic computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk; move up to 25 pounds; may be required to lift a box of paper. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602