New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
- Part time
- Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 2:30 pm and Friday 8:30am to 1:30pm
- Rate: $10.00/hour
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- High school diploma or equivalency required
Receiving all daily shipments, organizing commodities as they come in. Ensure all donations are weighed for reporting purposes by contributor. Verify that we are following all sanitation and food safety guidelines. Assist with maintenance responsibility to ensure all food storage rooms are cleaned, swept, mop and trash discarded properly in its receptacles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for receiving all daily shipments. Checking packaging slips before signing to verify that the order is complete and in compliance with sanitation guidelines.
- Responsible for the receiving verifying and organization of all food donations.
- Ensure all donations are weighed and logged for reporting purposes by contributor and submitted weekly to Supervisor.
- Rotate all commodities in date order of received. When needed send items to NCR and La Casa for consumption.
- Inform Kitchen Manager and staff of any food needed to be used first prior to it expiring.
- Weigh, document and discard any food products that is outdated.
- All food deliveries must be put away the same day it arrives.
- Collaborate with Donation Driver daily to receive all food and supplies delivered.
- Ensure food donations are divided and distributed among the Kitchen, NCR and La Casa along with the Driver
- Keep proper documentation of all shipments received for the kitchen.
- Breakdown all boxes and through away in its receptacles daily.
- Assist the kitchen with discarding all trash in its receptacles.
- Sweep and mop all food storage rooms as well as the hallways leading up to these areas.
- Assist kitchen staff with emptying the grease traps in its correct receptacle as needed.
- Assist Kitchen staff with distributing the community meals as needed and availability to do so.
- Neatly pile up all donation crates in the exterior of the facility for pick up.
- Maintain temperature of all refrigerators and freezers on the daily log.
- Maintain walk-in freezer walkthrough always clear.
- All foods in storage areas and walk-in freezers must be stored at least six inches above the floor.
- Maintain all equipment clean, organize and in working conditions at all times.
- Assist in kitchen as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Six months to one-year related experience and/or training.
Language Skills: Bilingual (English, Spanish) Preferred. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization, customers, and suppliers
Mathematical Skills: Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables and the need to deal with exceptions and changes in a variety of situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: ServSafe
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge: Ability to interpret weigh-scale and temperatures of refrigerators and freezers. In addition to, understand and follow all food safety guidelines while storing all commodities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand, squat, lift, reach and push most of the day, moving around at all times. Able to move food deliveries and inventory boxes throughout storage areas. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less). Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more). Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate noise (examples: kitchen fans, dishwasher).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602