New Positions: PREP Project Coordinator & Eligibility Specialist | Counselor | Adult Education Instructor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT)
Drug & Alcohol Prevention Specialist | Director of HR | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Adult Education Instructor (temporary)
Position posted February 9, 2021
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Estimated duration of temporary assignment: 3 months
Teach or instruct out-of-school youth and adults in remedial education classes, preparatory classes for the High School Equivalency test or English Language Skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts classes, workshops and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques or methods in subjects such as English language skills, life skills, and workforce entry skills.
- Provides information, guidance and preparation for the HISET or GED Test or the ESL course. (if applicable)
- Observes and evaluates students’ work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicates those objectives to students.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Prepares and administers written, oral and performance tests, and issues grades in accordance with performance.
- Uses computers, audiovisual aids and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional math materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities and interests.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 to 2 years of Adult Education Instruction experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Spanish/English Required
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/adult-education-instructor-temporary-b6d526ab833dda82
- Email: email@example.com
Or by mail:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602