New Positions: LPN | Counselor | House Manager | Clinical Supervisor
Additional Openings: Outpatient Drug & Alcohol Counselor | House Manager NCR | Prevention Specialist | Permanency Caseworker | Housing Coordinator
Position posted April 3, 2020.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full time
- Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Rate: $19.00/hour to $21.00/hour depending on experience and credentials
Provide counseling with emphasis on prevention. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health. May help individuals deal with issues associated with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; stress management; self-esteem; and aging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct individual, group and family therapy; didactic lectures and experiential seminars.
- Assures that all elements of the treatment plan, including the aftercare plan, are realized within the time limits and documented in the client’s chart.
- Takes an active role in the assignment of clients and treatment planning processes.
- Completes discharge summaries on assigned clients.
- Interfaces with and maintains contact and rapport with significant others, referral sources and other service providers as required or needed.
- Completes the psychosocial history, medical history and psychosocial evaluation of clients and client charts to document information as needed.
- Observes clients daily in the program for changes in physical, emotional and cognitive behavior, reporting such changes to the Facility Director. Helps decide on the necessary strategies and interventions of the treatment approach.
- Carries a daily clinical client caseload to maintain clinical relationship with clients.
- Documents client’s progress daily based upon DOH guidelines and makes recommendations regarding client discharge and disposition.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- CADC License – preferred
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
435 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602