Director of HR
Position posted December 3, 2020.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
The Director of Human Resourcesis responsible for planning, directing, and implementing policies, programs and practices for all areas of Human Resources including staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee engagement, training and development, safety and compliance. This individual will also administer and innovate human resources programs and policies that support organizational goals and positively engage the workforce.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, driven, and confident HR professional to join a community-based, non-profit organization that is well established and has experienced tremendous growth. This is a highly visible role and affords a great opportunity to be involved in a key area of a growing an exciting organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting plans to meet the human capital needs of the organization.
- Formulates and communicates Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Oversees all aspects of employee relations; ensures company policies are administered fairly and consistently. Provides consultative support to managers and supervisors.
- Consults, advises, and assists managers and supervisors at all levels in maintaining and strengthening their effectiveness with the employees they supervise/manage and in driving effective coaching, employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Oversees employee records and reporting process to ensure availability of accurate data and compliance with regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Prepares and ensure adherence to operating budgets for human resources and makes recommendations for funding that drives workforce productivity.
- Develops innovative recruitment and retention programs to meet the human capital needs of the organization while seeking to reduce the number of vacant positions and decrease turnover.
- Oversees hourly payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate pay for all employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Manages the compensation program, ensuring market-competitive pay that enables the company to attract, motivate and retain employees at all levels. Writes and maintains job descriptions across the company.
- Works with CFO on benefits planning as well as assisting with oversight of benefits administration including enrollment and open enrollment.
- Develops training curriculum for all employee training including new employee orientation, safety training and management training.
- Directs the safety program and workers’ compensation claims handling and tracking.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversees employee events and activities.
Our ideal candidate requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent applicable knowledge/education
- Minimum 7 years of human resources generalist/management experience in multiple HR disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of HR supervisory/management experience
- Human Resources professional certifications a plus
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Prior non-profit experience a plus
- Experience working in a privately held, family owned business is helpful
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and HRIS
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to human resources and general business practices
- Strong business sense – ability to partner throughout the company at both a senior level and associate level, applying business focus in addition to an HR focus
- Must be a positive proactive manager who thrives on being visible and engaged with employees and management
- Ability to influence, lead change and role model positive behaviors that drive organizational performance
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Demonstrates creative, practical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an ability to relate interpersonally with a broad range of individuals
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and possesses a high degree of integrity
- Exhibits flexibility and uses good judgment
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602