Drug & Alcohol Prevention Specialist
Position posted January 10, 2021.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full-time: 37.5 hours/week
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- $14.81 to $15.18/hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and implements the drug and alcohol prevention services programs by arranging recurring group sessions using evidence-based curriculum, single service activities and outreach events.
- Conducts direct services to schools, community groups, faith-based organizations and others.
- Reports data from services to the PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs on a daily/weekly basis.
- Reports monthly data by the 1st of each month to Supervisor to include in the narrative report due to our funders.
- Maintains data to provide outcomes through evaluation tools provided by the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, the curricula measurement tools or other PA approved measurement applications.
- Maintains a good professional relationship with the county Drug and Alcohol Commission and attends quarterly Lancaster prevention provider meetings.
- Prepares monthly report on activities.
- Recruits new clients and networks through community outreach as needed.
- Attends applicable training throughout the year to remain current on prevention practices and trends. (Minimum of 12 hours in addition to any training mandated by the county D&A commission).
- Maintains data through curriculum pre- and post-tests to provide quarterly program outcomes.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training in Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602