New Positions: Janitor (part time) | Counselor | House Manager
Additional Openings: Outpatient Drug & Alcohol Counselor | House Manager NCR | Prevention Specialist | Permanency Caseworker | Housing Coordinator
Position posting April 3, 2020.
Position updated June 16, 2020.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full time: 37.5 hours/week
- Part time: 24 to 29 hours/week
- Third shift: 11:30 pm to 7:00 am
- Rate: $12.00/hour plus shift differential
Facilitates activities and support services that complement the therapeutic program. Oversees the smooth and efficient operation of NCR, facilitates activities, provides motivation, support to clients and strict adherence to the rules of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Holds responsibility for daily security of the facility through inspection and frequent monitoring of rooms and hallways on all floors. Performs security, bed checks, and client escort service under supervision. Obtains assistance from counselors as needed to address any problem behaviors displayed by clients.
- Transports clients in NCR vehicles for scheduled treatment activities.
- Observes clients in the program for changes in physical, emotional and cognitive behavior and reports such changes to the Director and Counselors. Documents clients’ behavior.
- Supervises scheduled smoke breaks.
- Motivates and organizes clients to conduct daily cleanup and oversees the proper cleanliness of the facility at all times.
- Oversees the meal services for breakfast, lunch, and dinner through coordination with the Centro Hispano kitchen to ensure sure that meals are served within a proper environment and that sanitation concerns are addressed.
- Performs hourly bed checks.
- Oversees closing discussion and documents according to licensing requirements.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience and/or training
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft word and Excel
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
435 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602