Intake Coordinator, Nuestra Clinica
Position posted October 9, 2020.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full-time/40 hours per week
- 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday through Friday
Responsible for carrying out a variety of activities involving drug and alcohol program at Nuestra Clinica as part of the requirements of each program. Answer inquires and obtain information from clients, external and internal programs to assist in scheduling intakes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers clinic phones and relay accurate messages.
- Greets clients, obtains / verifies and completes necessary chart information for admission and notifies clinical staff of clients’ arrival.
- Copies insurance cards, processes patient necessary paperwork with client and forwards to clinical staff.
- Schedules appointments for clients per clinical team request.
- Enters information into WITS database.
- Confirms all appointments in transportation book and ensures activities take place.
- Obtains signatures on all necessary forms (i.e. HIPPA forms, super-bills, liabilities and medical releases).
- Prints and reviews EVS from state system daily.
- Creates new charts.
- Maintains and files charts, reports and correspondence.
- Types requested correspondence, faxes and makes photocopies as needed.
- Assists and maintains client tracking referral system for Nuestra Clinica.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties assigned (fills out letters, follow up letters and calls, etc.)
- Assures that clients’ records are kept in accordance with the Pa Department of Public Welfare, the County SCA and PA Department of Health standards and that records are in compliance in locked cabinet.
- Adheres to all county, state and federal regulations protecting confidentiality and privacy of patients.
- Adheres to strict code of conduct for behavioral health services profession.
- Responsible for supporting Authorization / Billing Clerk with his / her duties as needed.
- Participates in program coverage as needed.
- Attends all local and statewide meetings relevant to the success of Nuestra Clinica Education & Prevention Services.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 to 4 years of Intake Coordinator experience
- Bilingual: English Spanish – required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
External candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street, Suite A
Lancaster, PA 17602