New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Office Manager/ Support Staff
Job posted on April 30, 2021
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full-time: 37.5 hours/week
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Is responsible for carrying out a variety of activities involving the Education and Prevention program at Nuestra Clinica, as part of the requirements of each program. As the Support Staff, provide support services to the Ryan White program such as, though not limited to, assisting the Medical Case Managers to effectively address the needs of People Living with AIDS (PLWA). Aid clients in removing barriers to successfully adhere to treatment through H.M.C.M. activities. Answer inquires and obtain information from clients as well as external and internal programs to assist in scheduling appointments and referring to appropriate programs. In addition, provide HIV/STIs counseling and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer clinic phones and relay accurate messages daily.
- Greet clients, obtain/verify and complete necessary information for every visit, notify clinical staff of the client’s arrival.
- Comply and adhere to HIPAA confidentiality and privacy for all documentation and correspondence related to clients and program.
- Work closely and effectively with Nuestra Clinica, local, county, state agencies and staff to ensure referral of clients for appropriate services.
- Maintain HIV/AIDS/STD brochure inventory and order as needed through the PA DOH clearinghouse.
- Prepare both walk-in and drug and alcohol testing files.
- Prepare safe sex kits and maintain stock.
- Distribute mail and send out all requested correspondence via mail or fax.
- Take all outgoing mail to the bin of outgoing mail in the fiscal office by 3:00 pm each day.
- Prep and pack testing specimens to ship every Wednesday at 3:00 pm and Friday at 11:00 am through UPS.
- Maintain stock and order appointment cards.
- Type requested correspondence, fax and make photocopies as needed.
- Assist and maintain client tracking referral system for Nuestra Clinica.
- Alternate treatment clinic night coverage for the STD program.
- Support MCM as needed to assist clients in removing barriers to treatment and connect them with wrap-around services that address employment, housing, medical, benefits and other areas.
- File all supporting Ryan White client documentation in its corresponding location in the chart.
- Maintain waiting room by keeping it cleaned and stocked of necessary brochures and materials for clients.
- Assure the clients’ records are kept in accordance and compliance with the PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Health standards.
- Maintain office supplies inventory and place orders by the 3rd Friday of each month.
- Maintain testing supplies inventory and place orders as needed.
- Participate in program coverage as needed.
- Perform other tasks as required by the program contractor and immediate supervisor.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- 1 year of phlebotomy experience
- 1 year of HIV/STI testing and counseling experience
- 2 years of office manager experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with electronic health records data entry
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/office-managersupport-staff-9ef34430cd85e2ca
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602