New Positions: LPN | Counselor | House Manager | Clinical Supervisor
Additional Openings: Outpatient Drug & Alcohol Counselor | House Manager NCR | Prevention Specialist | Permanency Caseworker | Housing Coordinator
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Position Posted May 13, 2020.
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Part-time: 20 hours/week
Monday through Friday – 6:00 am to 10:00 am
Required to handle all medical aspects which include medication inventory, storage of medication and prescriptions. Record and report observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s physical, emotional and cognitive behavior and reports such changes to the Facility Director, Counselors, and Doctors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Accurately distributes and oversees medications, maintaining medications and medication book.
- Receives oral orders from medical director, transcribing and documenting as required.
- Follows up with appropriate health insurance companies when a client does not have a physical health insurance ID card.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments with medical paperwork as needed.
- Coordinates all patient appointments with physician as required.
- Meets weekly with Director to coordinate medical care and concerns for clients.
- Maintains all aspects of day to day medical needs and reports any issues of concern to the Director and Doctor.
- Completes clinical reviews with insurance companies and SCAs as required.
- Assures that all elements of the treatment plan, including the aftercare plan, are realized within the time limits under direct supervision.
- Assures the client chart(s) is kept in accordance with DOH and agency policy.
- Supervises special diets as discussed in consultation with the consulting dietitian.
- Interfaces with and maintains contact with significant others and referral sources, as required, or needed.
- Maintains appropriate rapport with a variety of additional service providers.
- Provides appropriate training to counselors and support staff of medication issues and topics.
- Maintains skills and knowledge base through reading, training and other structured activities including the maintenance of continuing education requirements of licensure as required by state law.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Current LPN License
• 1+ year experience in Drug/Alcohol
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
435 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602