New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Job updated April 22, 2021
- Part-time: 29 hours/week
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- $12.00/hour to $15.00/hour, depending on experience
This Maintenance/Grounds position will ensure that the interior and exterior of the Plaza Centro retail facility are maintained in top condition. In coordination with SACA Development’s Property Manager, will maintain a Preventive Maintenance Program and monthly inspections of the buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs of the building.
- Provides grass cutting and snow removal.
- Transports and carries materials and equipment when required for the building.
- Participates in program coverage and emergencies as needed.
- Follows policies and procedures set up by SACA & SACA Development Corporation to ensure the safety of everyone around the work area.
- Reports any buildings concerns identified during the regular maintenance duties to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensures all necessary maintenance/grounds products are available to perform duties efficiently.
- Keeps inventory of the necessary maintenance/grounds products and informs supervisor when low.
- Communicates with vendors as assigned and needed.
- Participates in staff meetings as required by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs other tasks as required by supervisor.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of related experience and/or training in maintenance/groundskeeping, general repairs, painting, patching, plumbing and minor electrical work
- Ability to operate lawn mower, weed trimmer, snow blower, Bobcat plow, drain snake, floor buffer, electrical tools and hand tools
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/maintenancegrounds-part-time-51ea746ccaf6bac0
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602