New Positions: PREP Project Coordinator & Eligibility Specialist | Counselor | Adult Education Instructor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT)
Drug & Alcohol Prevention Specialist | Director of HR | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
PREP – Project Coordinator & Eligibility Specialist
Position posted February 15, 2021
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full-time: 37.5 hours/week
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, weekends as needed
- $14.50 to $15.00/hour, depending on experience
- Interested candidates should apply by Wednesday, 2/17/21
This full-time position is comprised of 2 separate roles: PREP-Project Coordinator and Eligibility Specialist.
The PREP (Personal Responsibility Education Program) Project Coordinator is responsible for carrying out a variety of activities aimed at developing, organizing and conducting formal educational and prevention sessions to high-risk targeted populations in the Lancaster County along with the Prevention Specialist. The PREP Project Coordinator utilizes EBIs (Evidence Based Interventions) such as “Becoming A Responsible Teen (BART)” and RIKERS Health Advocacy Program (RHAP). Intervention must occur on a group level of 14 to 19-year-old youth, single and/or co-ed.
The Eligibility Specialist is responsible for addressing the needs of People Living with AIDS (PLWA) and providing viable options for substance abuse and mental health treatment. The Eligibility Specialist provides support services to new and existing HIV/AIDS clientele under the Ryan White Part B program, following state eligibility guidelines. The Eligibility Specialist will ensure the clients are linked into medical care, assign client to Medical Case Management of NCEPS, and link clients to services in areas such as dental, primary care, HIV specialty care, treatment adherence, behavioral health, and support services. The Eligibility Specialist is an extension of the MCM therapeutic program that will foster continued commitment to treatment, involve the family in the treatment plan as needed, and provide home-based outreach services.
Key Results Areas include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
PREP Project Coordinator:
- Staff trained in the Becoming A Responsible Teen (BART) and RIKERS Health Advocacy Program (RHAP) curriculum.
- Assure Prevention Specialist comply with goals, objectives and outcomes of the PREP program required by funders.
- RHAP based on the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Contract.
- Assist Prevention Specialist in contacting community youth groups and establish Memorandum of Understanding to present BART & RHAP to the youth in their programs.
- Reach 567 youth in a three federal fiscal year (October to September 2018-2021) as required by PREP contract.
- Assist Prevention Specialist to ensure through group engagement the youth will attend 75% of the PREP sessions.
- Submit all entry and exit surveys by mail to DOH within one week of being administered with a survey cover sheet included.
- Provide screenings and assessments for each client.
- Develop Service Coordination Plans for each client.
- Provide and follow up with referrals to internal and external service providers identified at time of intake and recertification.
- Initiate linkage to medical and non-medical services to assist clients in adhering to medical regimens at time of intake and recertification.
- Obtain updated labs, identification, income, insurance, and authorizations at time of intake and recertification.
- Maintain, track and update all clients enrolled in the Ryan White Part B Medical Case Management Program, including recertification dates.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of related experience and/or training
- CPR/First Aid – preferred
- Certificate of HIV Testing and Counseling Training via PA Department of Health – preferred
- Child Abuse, Criminal History and FBI Clearances
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Spanish/English – required
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Postal mail:Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602