New Positions: PREP Project Coordinator & Eligibility Specialist | Counselor | Adult Education Instructor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT)
Drug & Alcohol Prevention Specialist | Director of HR | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
Job Posted January 31, 2021
- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
This full time Clerk Typist II position is responsible for the clerical duties for the unit. Work will be performed in such a manner that court reviews and documents will be accurate and completed in a timely manner. Case records, to include formatting of dictation, will be consistently maintained to assure the unit and Agency are in State and Agency compliance. All telephone calls will be answered and transferred in an accurate and timely fashion so as to assure the Agency operates efficiently and smoothly. The public will be greeted in a professional manner. Messages will be taken accurately and completely. All clients will be handled even while providing phone coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and maintains openings of case records with accurate and current information.
- Creates, edits and types forms, memos, correspondence and other related materials.
- Utilizes CAPS to manage information and create various reports.
- Edits information to the Agency-wide data base (CYMENU Run) for accuracy and validity.
- Utilizes WORD to create systematized directories and sub-directories to institute new or revised forms and charts.
- Creates and compiles monthly and yearly reports on caseworker activity for the unit.
- Prepares reports, court reviews, summaries, and various other documents for the Agency and Court.
- Files regularly and accurately all related correspondence, forms, court reviews, etc., in case records.
- Hand delivers interoffice correspondence, packages, and case files to the main Agency, and returns interoffice mail and case files to the satellite as scheduled.
- Ability to communicate by telephone.
- Attends and participates in clerical, unit and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties, as befitting a Senior Clerical, as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1 year of secretarial experience
- Basic computer skills, including typing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602