New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Office Manager/ Support Staff
Job posted on June 9, 2021
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
- Full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
(Alternate treatment clinic evening coverage for the STD program.)
Pay rate: $14.00/hour
Is responsible for carrying out a variety of activities involving the Education and Prevention program at Nuestra Clinica. As the Support Staff, provide support services to the Ryan White program. Aid clients in removing barriers to successfully adhere to treatment through HIV Medical Case Management (HMCM) activities. Answer inquires and obtain information from clients as well as external and internal programs to assist in scheduling appointments and referring to appropriate programs. In addition, provide HIV/STIs counseling and testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer clinic phones and relay accurate messages daily.
- Greet clients, obtain/verify and complete necessary information for every visit, notify clinical staff of the client’s arrival.
- Comply and adhere to HIPAA confidentiality and privacy for all documentation and correspondence related to clients and program.
- Work closely and effectively with Nuestra Clinica, local, county, state agencies and staff to ensure referral of clients for appropriate services.
- Maintain and replenish HIV/AIDS/STI brochure inventory.
- Create files on walk-in clients as well as clients in drug and alcohol testing facilities.
- Prepare safe sex kits and maintain stock.
- Distribute mail and send out all requested correspondence via mail or fax.
- Perform phlebotomy, prep, pack and ship specimens.
- Maintain stock and order appointment cards.
- Type, fax and photocopy correspondence, as needed.
- Assist and maintain client tracking referral system for Nuestra Clinica.
- Support MCM as needed to assist clients in removing barriers to treatment and connect them with wrap-around services that address employment, housing, medical, benefits and other areas.
- File all supporting Ryan White client documentation in its corresponding location in the chart.
- Maintain waiting room by keeping it cleaned and stocked of necessary brochures and materials for clients.
- Assure the clients’ records are kept in accordance and compliance with the PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Health standards.
- Maintain and replenish office supplies inventory.
- Maintain and replenish testing supplies inventory as needed.
- Act as back up for colleagues, as needed.
- Perform other tasks as required by the program contractor and immediate supervisor.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- 1 year of phlebotomy experience
- 1 year of HIV/STI testing and counseling experience
- 2 years of office management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with electronic health records data entry
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602