New Positions: Office Manager/Support Staff | House Manager | Counselor | Secretary | Family Support Caseworker | Janitor (PT) | Maintenance/Grounds (PT) | Prevention Specialist | Maintenance Worker
Job posted on November 2, 2021
The mission of the Spanish American Civic Association is to foster and perpetuate the cultural, social and economic well–being of the Latinos residing in the City and County of Lancaster, and thereby contribute to the general well-being of the community at large.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and financial operations of our affordable housing program and various real estate projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Accountant/Ap-AR workload.
- Meet with CFO for all necessary updates.
- Prepare/review budgets and other financial reports.
- Prepare all monthly account analysis and journal entries.
- Perform monthly closing process for SACA real estate entities.
- Determine transaction coding and record all real estate transactions including purchases, predevelopment costs, and construction draws.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, actual vs. budget for all the real estate entities.
- Meet with the Finance committee and Board of Directors to review all prepared financial reports and minutes.
- Work with CFO on year end closings for all entities.
- Work with the IT vendor for all Great Plains trainings and maintenance.
- Maintain accurate contract files to include financial support documents.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Responsible for Loans and Grants compliance.
- Work with CFO on cash management.
- Review and approve all monthly completed bank reconciliations.
- Prepare audit workpapers and corresponding financial information for the annual audit and tax returns.
- Work with CFO on Compliance.
- Organizing and Planning
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Alignment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional Integrity
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Learning Agility
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration with concentration in accounting
- Or a minimum of 5 years of strong accounting experience
- Ability to work with and understand non- profit accounting
- Excellent computer skills in accounting software and excel
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CPA Candidate preferred but not required
- Auditing experience a plus
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume via one of the following:
Spanish American Civic Association
c/o Human Resources
453 South Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602