Provide counseling with emphasis on prevention. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health. May help individuals deal with issues associated with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; stress management; self-esteem; and aging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct individual, group and family therapy; didactic lectures and experiential seminars.
- Assures that all elements of the treatment plan, including the aftercare plan, are realized within the time limits and documented in the client’s chart.
- Takes an active role in the assignment of clients and treatment planning processes.
- Completes discharge summaries on assigned clients.
- Interfaces with and maintains contact and rapport with significant others, referral sources and other service providers as required or needed.
- Completes the psychosocial history, medical history and psychosocial evaluation of clients and client charts to document information as needed.
- Observes clients daily in the program for changes in physical, emotional and cognitive behavior, reporting such changes to the Facility Director. Helps decide on the necessary strategies and interventions of the treatment approach.
- Carries a daily clinical client caseload to maintain clinical relationship with clients.
- Documents client’s progress daily based upon DOH guidelines and makes recommendations regarding client discharge and disposition.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Bilingual Spanish/English – required
- CADC License – preferred