LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Part-time, schedule may vary and is negotiable
Required to handle all medical aspects which include medication inventory, storage of medication and prescriptions. Record and report observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s physical, emotional and cognitive behavior and reports such changes to the Facility Director, Counselors, and Doctors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately distributes and oversees medications, maintaining medications and medication book.
- Receives oral orders from medical director, transcribing and documenting as required.
- Follows up with appropriate health insurance companies when a client does not have a physical health insurance ID card.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments with medical paperwork as needed.
- Coordinates all patient appointments with physician as required.
- Meets weekly with Director to coordinate medical care and concerns for clients.
- Maintains all aspects of day to day medical needs and reports any issues of concern to the Director and Doctor.
- Completes clinical reviews with insurance companies and SCAs as required.
- Assures that all elements of the treatment plan, including the aftercare plan, are realized within the time limits under direct supervision.
- Assures the client chart(s) is kept in accordance with DOH and agency policy.
- Supervises special diets as discussed in consultation with the consulting dietitian.
- Interfaces with and maintains contact with significant others and referral sources, as required, or needed.
- Maintains appropriate rapport with a variety of additional service providers.
- Provides appropriate training to counselors and support staff of medication issues and topics.
- Maintains skills and knowledge base through reading, training and other structured activities including the maintenance of continuing education requirements of licensure as required by state law.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Current LPN License
- 1+ year Nursing experience in Drug/Alcohol treatment
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred