Effectively address the mental health needs of clients through therapeutic individual, group and family sessions that involve the clinical team.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Meet required productivity goals each month.
- Log all individual, group and family notes daily for each client.
- Complete and follow up with clients’ treatment plans every 90 days or 15 visits.
- Present client cases to weekly case reviews.
- Maintain minimum of 2 support groups per week.
- Maintain excellent communication with case manager and front desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts clinical evaluations and assessments with clients.
- Conducts individual, group and family counseling with clients and meets weekly billable hours.
- Maintains updated counseling skills and continuing education training (18 CEUs/yr).
- Facilitates clinical referrals to psychiatrist, psychologist, or other treatment facilities.
- Takes an active role in case review and treatment planning to ensure the quality of discharge for each client.
- Assures that the client records are kept in accordance with the PA Department of Public Health.
- Maintains appropriate rapport with a variety of additional service providers.
- Maintains collaboration with the Manager to assist in clients’ needs beyond therapeutic services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training or Certification:
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent combination of education and experience in Psychology, Human Services or equivalent, counseling, or social work.
Two to four years related experience and / or training.
Ability to read and write English.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, tracking trends, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve job-related problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited guidance from policies and procedures exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal Background, FBI clearances; license in PA or license-eligible; License in social work or other related field in Human Services; CPR / First AID.
Other skills and abilities, including computers, tools, equipment, technical knowledge:
Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish / English preferable, but not required, strong computer skills, filing, and recordkeeping skills; ability to work independently yet is a team player; excellent customer relations; able to communicate well with diverse group of individuals; good organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.